On February 2, 2010, Sharon was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. After weeks of treatment, there was no improvement and the words "liver transplant" became part of the discussions. The unthinkable became our reality and a liver transplant was the only option. We wondered, even questioned what God's plan was in this, but our prayer was that no matter the outcome, it would be ALL for God's glory.

The purpose of this blog is to record the journey...to recount God's faithfulness through trial and pain. A cry for mercy and healing for Sharon. A place where friends and family can come to get updates and specific prayer requests. Please feel free to comment and encourage our hearts.






Floating on God's Grace in the Sea of Mercy

Friday, March 19, 2010

Psalm 18:16-19

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."


Friday, March 19, 2010


At 12:30 am, doctors did find a clot in one of her veins close to the liver! Praise God for an answer! However, Sharon's body is weak and critical. Her temperature and blood pressure began to drop, and she started having difficulty breathing. Doctors concluded she could not handle any further treatment. They had to stop the procedure and attempt to re-stabilize her body. If they feel she is stable enough, they will take her back to surgery today to remove the clot.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sharon,

    What a lovely example of faith in action and a deep-seated trust in the Lord you are displaying in your trial of affliction. It is an encouragement and honor to share prayerfully in your suffering and to witness your dependence upon the Lord. This is the kind of life Brian and Terresa have lived before us here at Sovereign Grace Church. As a member of the church family and friend of the Andrews Family, I am so grateful to be invited to persevere with you in prayer. Together, we wait in hope for the hand of the Lord to heal you and raise you up. Until that day, we will live each day in praise and thanksgiving for the mercies of God. In Jesus Name.

    Psalm 34:1-7
    I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
    My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad.
    Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!
    I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

    Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
    This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.
    The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

    And we will have no fear of bad news!

    Sandra Walton

    ReplyDelete