On February 2, 2010, Sharon was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. After weeks of treatment, there was no improvement and the words "liver transplant" became part of the discussions. The unthinkable became our reality and a liver transplant was the only option. We wondered, even questioned what God's plan was in this, but our prayer was that no matter the outcome, it would be ALL for God's glory.

The purpose of this blog is to record the journey...to recount God's faithfulness through trial and pain. A cry for mercy and healing for Sharon. A place where friends and family can come to get updates and specific prayer requests. Please feel free to comment and encourage our hearts.






Floating on God's Grace in the Sea of Mercy

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Psalm 5:1-3

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unfortunately, after Sharon's surgery on Friday, the fluid and swelling have not decreased. Therefore, the doctors have given the family the difficult news that there is no other option but to assume the liver is not functioning properly. As of today, Sharon will be put back on the transplant list and will need to go through the surgery a second time when and if an acceptable liver becomes available.

Please pray for a liver to become available. Please pray for divine strength for Sharon to sustain a second surgery. Please pray for Lou to lay all his fears,thoughts, and desires at the foot of the cross.

3 comments:

  1. Just like in Psalm 5 we lay down our requests and wait in expectation for what God will do! We love you sweet friends and are with you in this! Jan Watkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 119:49 Remember the word to Your servant,
    Upon which You have caused me to hope.
    50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
    For Your word has given me life.
    Praying that Lou and family feel your unending love and mercy and for Your constant presence during this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all. May God richly bless you with His unlimited supply of peace and comfort. b.

    ReplyDelete